November 29, 2011

Usage

I am a graduate student in experimental condensed matter physics.  I grow materials by MBE and test the results via XRD, AFM, transport measurements, etc...  The results of the growths and tests are what I would like to keep organized and readily available in any context.

Evernote is used to record and organize almost all laboratory notes and data.  Data is only excluded if it is too large (>50 MB due to Evernote's note size limit).  A Livescribe Echo pen is used for handwritten notes which are converted to PDF and uploaded to Evernote.  I'm using the Windows client on a lab computer, my laptop, and my home computer as well as the iPhone app on my phone.  The web interface is used in contexts such as showing data to my adviser (who does not use Evernote).

No comments:

Post a Comment